Friday, November 24, 2006

thanksGiving Day


we started out at my parents for a quick "drop-by" so they could see the kids and we could witness my fathers newly shaved face and head. He's so much younger looking without all the white hair. i personally think he's looking more and more like a mental patient....he's acting more and more like one shaving his head like that.

Avery adores my father and was so happy to see him but she kept trying to pull away cause her Fuzzy grandpa was retarded looking and hairless.
we came back home put the fussy kids away (to nap) while batman and I got busy in the kitchen. (the only sort of getting busy we have done in two weeks) we made some mashed potato, and pies and cheese balls and decided that we wanted to go out to the Nature Center while we had some free time and the sun was out.
we loaded the children up and made the 30 min. drive just to arrive and find the nature center was closed. we didnt let that stop us, so we pulled over to the side of the road and packed out the stroller and carrier.
Witness, that I'm actually able to handle both at the same time......


from taking our little stroll and snapping off some pictures of the changing Texas Color
we made the mad dash back to the house picked up the food , I switched back into my cute dress and we went down the street to visit with batman's Mema and father's family from Austin.
I had to go hide and nurse BT like 3 times in a 4 hour period!~ I remember having to do the same with avery last year....my kids suffer axiety or else I'm directing my axiety of being around in laws on my children and make them eat every 40 minutes.
it was THanksgiving, a day for feasting and I was just making sure benjamin had his fill of boob.

batman's working today, I'm stuck at home with the children and a horrible messy kitchen still. we're hopeing to get to go downtown to the Christmas Tree lighting and Parade tonight.
oh, and not to leave the drama of Thanksgiving morning out, AVery Flung Poo at her dad. *snicker to myself* It was EVerywhere....out her diaper, between her toes, all up unicorns nose...THankGod Batman went in to get her up and had the shit storm hit him. everybody got a bath except me unless you call scrubing and spot treating crib linens a bath. I felt pretty sterile afterwards
Hope you all had a Happy THanksgiving. I've got entirely too much pie in my fridge.....


5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Yay for too much pie in the fridge! I have too much pie too, and I plan it that way every year. Now I have something to snack on late at night while Eric is at work and the kids are sleeping.
You look like a real official Mom with the stroller and carrier.

November 24, 2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

You look fantastic, Mama!

Wow, your Dad sure does look different than the previous pics you've posted of him. Does he like it?

LOL about the poo. I'm sure I would have been yakking, though. I can't handle that kind of stuff! LOL

M~

November 24, 2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

I love that you did nice family stuff on your day. We had nice weather here, too.

And yay for the shit storm hitting Batman!!

November 24, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Wild Widow said...

good god, get your tubes tied. or better yet, have the hubby get a vasectomy.

two in 12 months? don't take the risk of having a third.

if in a few years, you decide you can afford a third, be a good human being and adopt an orphan. we have thousands here in the west.

November 25, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

glad you had a good day!

November 27, 2006 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home