Friday, November 17, 2006

Intermiteent Explosive Disorder


THis is s link to what I belive to be some of our family's trouble (batmans behaviour)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/intermittent-explosive-disorder/DS00730

we've had trouble over the years with his anger and we've sought out help but its more then simple anger management. when he blows up its like hes the incredible hulk. he's even told me that he feels like he's the Hulk.
he's never physically hurt me but there's been destruction of our things and the outburst are way beyond the worth of the trigger of these episodes.

you can read more about Intermittent explosive disorder here:

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/intermittent_explosive_disorder.jsp

I love my husband so much and we've got an appointment for phsychiatric help but its not for another two weeks. I'm praying that they put him on lithium or some sort of traqulizer cause our family is suffering with him going untreated. its not right for Avery to witness him screaming and throwing things.
maybe I'll start referring to Batman as the HULK till we get him sedated. He's not evil, he's just green like the Grinch. the police were called in by my neighbors on Sunday and I appriciate their concern, its just been horrible to deal with someone that cant deal with themselves.... and I dont quit on people even if things get tough. so we're getting THE HULK some help. he realizes what's a stake and it breaks his heart to know how much damage he's causeing, he really has sufferd from this all his life. as a child, he got shipped to the phsy. ward and lived there for a few years because his father didnt know how to handle him. I've got some taste in men dont I.

maybe it helps me feel my own sanity when i'm with someone that's lost his.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs. You & your family depends on it.

I'm sure the neighbor was just being concerned...

M~

November 17, 2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger crazycatlady said...

I wish you the best of luck. Just be patient and tip toe until Batman gets in to the doc. Hopefully they'll make everything better for you. And in the meantime, have a Great Thanksgiving!

November 17, 2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I finally have internet again and when I went to check out your blog I realized that your link was gone. It's back up now. It was nothing personal. Just dumb blonde roots. I even kicked two of my cousins off.

November 18, 2006 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was married to a man that I believe suffers from this. They called it the "cycle of abuse" and blamed him, blamed me for being "co-dependent", etc. He was sent to anger management where the class was taught by a woman who was a victim of domestic abuse and hated men.

You have to be so strong to get through this. Consider yourself lucky that this is finally, FINALLY being recognized as a disorder and not just a personal defect and a power issue.

Support him, and keep yourself safe at the same time. When he's calm, I would discuss ways for you to both be safe when he loses it. Agree that you will go somewhere. Find someone supportive who doesn't mind you popping in at any time, who won't judge and tell you that you need to leave. Let him know, when you're both calm, that you won't be leaving to abandon him, or not to support him, but because it is damaging to you both in those moments.

Best of luck to you.

December 28, 2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home