Friday, November 03, 2006


about six weeks before Benjamin was born I recieved a voucher for a free lady's razor. I sent it in and recieved the new razor in the mail and I have to say that aside from the delight of having a new family member, this Intuition Razor has been a big happiness for me.

I was at first a little put off by how to use it. but the conept has saved me time and Time to shave my legs is not available these last few weeks. This intuition razor has a bar of soap surrounding the razor so there's no need to lather/foam up the legs before a shave. you can just swipe it over your legs and next thing youknow, everything is baby soft (well not as soft as Benjamin but you get the idea) I know the thought of saving 30 seconds to lather up really doesnt seem like a huge time saver but its also just about the number of things I have to do in a day and this saves me from dropping the soap while I'm in the shower. the Intuition razor allows for me to shave my legs daily (or as close to daily as my showers are) I dont know if Batman has noticed but Its competely made me feel better about my day having smooth legs.

and to talk more about body image post pardum, my nipples have gotten "weathered" and the lacation consultants sent me home with a tiny tube of Lanolin to use on them. the instructions say to apply to chapped nipples after a feed and there's no need to wipe off or clean before I nurse again. The lanolin has been alright, however the smell reminds me of when I had to waterproof my figure skates. Now when I open up my nursing bra and catch a wiff of my Waterproof tittys it takes me back to skating compitions and I nurse with the most graceful artistry.

just hope it doesnt taste icky for Ben. He's not complaining

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are so funny! I'm glad you're nursing gracefully.

November 03, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger crazycatlady said...

Congrats on Benjamin...I've been out of blogland for a while. He is absolutely beautiful. Oh, and good luck with the nipples...take care of those things.

November 03, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

I give you high marks for artistry! My nips are totally weathered, too.

And I haven't shaved my legs since I was sixteen. Being a blonde rules. So does a husband who cares more about boobies than smooth legs!!

November 03, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I've wondered how those razors work. Glad you found something you like!

M~

November 04, 2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

I agree with aughra. i can't believe you're evn bothering to shave, with the great excuse you have for not having the time to! i did the lanolin, too, and trust me, zoƫ approved. now when she smells it, she gets all excited.

November 05, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

hey - I know that you were kidding in your comment to my post. Smooches.

November 06, 2006 5:06 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Hey, you haven't been by in a while... how are doing? Looks like you've got yourself a beautiful family there!!

November 08, 2006 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home