Wednesday, November 09, 2005

tell me its ugly


'daddy's home on break for an hour and Avery is content on the floor. a moment of peace so i can blog...
How come no one has ever commented on my striped couch? Not the Chair that I'm in now, but the Sofa in pictures below. Its been mine since dad's parents got moved into the nursing home about 8 years ago; they are both now passed. My grandmother had it for 50 plus years before that at which time it was upholstered in Red and covered in plastic (so my mom tells the story) my dad tells the story that when he was a young boy, him and his older brother ,my uncle Larry got into some type of mischief and were about to receive 'swats' with the ruler on their back side but the ruler broke before my dad received his........
I just love owning the couch that my dad grew up with. Even if it is pea green striped, its a great couch. They don't make furniture like they use to.
my parents hate that I still have it and mom has actually looked into getting it recovered.....I think I would rather keep it shockingly nasty because with three cats, the corners are all torn up and I doubt my cats capabitlity in learning to respect new upholstery

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i think it's stylin'.

November 09, 2005 5:21 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

I dig it. If you want, get a slipcover. I love mine. When it smells like dog, I launder it.

November 09, 2005 5:51 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I bet it's super comfortable. Yes, it is kind of ugly, but who cares?
I love the pics of Avery in the sunglasses. How cute!
Looks like she's using those lungs of hers to cry and get your attention. I'm glad she's strong and healthy and able to put out a good yell.

November 09, 2005 7:16 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Girl ~ don't you get it?! We are in awe of Avery so much that we overlook the ugly couch.

Now, that chair you're in ~ BARF-TASTIC!

:)
M~

November 10, 2005 6:12 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

i think the couch is awesome and knowing the history behind it makes it even cooler. we used to have the nastiest rusty red colored chair when i was growing up and when we moved back to new mexico and my mom wanted to get rid of it, my sister claimed it and man do i miss that thing. sooooo comfortable. i'm hoping to inherit my mom's lazyboy one day. it's blue and super faded but really the most comfortable chair known to mankind. she wouldn't give it up though, i'll probably have to tell her to leave it for me in her will. i know my sister would fight me for that one.

November 10, 2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

i love the retro stuff i still wear a sweater that belonged to my g-ma and it is my favorite

November 10, 2005 10:41 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

love the couch too! and the chair! that's so cool that it is still in the family!

November 11, 2005 10:10 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I didn't think it was at your house actually. I thought it maybe was at your mom's house. And, I was too busy looking at the baby. It's really kinda unattractive though. Sorry, but you know.

November 14, 2005 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home