Wednesday, November 09, 2005

mom with AVery

The picture is of mom on Friday helping sooth Avery after her vaccinations. THe man in the tropical print and captains hat is my loveing DAd....(his ship has already set sail)


I' m up. Its a new day and my baby has been kicking me in the butt since 6am when I layed her in bed with me. She doesn't want me to sleep so we're hanging out in the living room. Typically she does real good at entertaining herself looking at the morning light coming in through the window. I was just so frustrated yesterday because I never have any time to do things I want to do.....It's all about Avery. She doesn't allow for me to call anyone on the phone. If someone calls me, Avery lets me chat for about 5 minutes before she starts screaming for me to set the phone down. I feel isolated from my friends and its miserable. We're going to have to teach her to hold her horses and be patient because she really can be so demanding. I know she is only 2 months 1 wk. Right now but it cant always be about her.
the times I just let her cry it out, she shuts up after a couple of minutes but then starts back up to test the air and see if I come running.....She just gets so loud. Everyday she takes it too a new pitch and it's earsplitting. I cant imagine what tomorrow is going to sound like. I understand why women complain about having headaches....It has something to do with the sound coming from their kids.
I know I'm doing a lot of complaining. I just need to vent. Mom took off for Az. To visit her friend for the week so I don't get to have her help around. It was so sweet on Friday when Avery had her vaccinations, I called over to tell mom how the DR. Visit went and she could hear that the baby wasn't feeling well at all so mom and dad rushed out and brought over some baby advil. It was so nice having them come to the rescue. They stayed for a couple of hours and brought over dinner and the medicine was perfect for Avery....Twenty minutes later and she was open eyed and halfway feeling herself again.
I've been meaning to say that my mom would be on her blog except that she cant remember her pass word (that's just how she is with her MS) not everything sticks with her memory but she does say 'hello' to all of you. I wish she was here in town because tomorrow is her birthday. We kinda went out for lunch after church on sunday to celebrate but it would be nice to get to have mom around.

6 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

babies are selfish little fuckers, aren't they?

You are such a good mom, and doing such a good job - just vent when you need to, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Take it easy.

November 09, 2005 7:18 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Have faith ~ Avery-Boo will calm down & she'll be a happy baby. She's just testing out those lungs right now.

M~

November 09, 2005 8:32 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

You're doin' a great job though! Let her cry just a little longer each time, and sooner or later- she'll get it.

November 09, 2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's so hard at the beginning. Do your best to help her and play with her when she's awake, and when she naps, then you can play!

Take care. I feel for you.

November 09, 2005 12:26 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

You're doing great Robyn. Patience is one of those things you gotta have a lot of, and I know you can handle it.

My patience is just about shot today with all the sneezing and nose-blowing I have to do these days. Did your allergies/sinuses flare up during your pregnancy? I mean seriously, how much snot can a person possibly produce!!

November 09, 2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

Patty~
my sinus trouble was noticable during the first and thrid trimester. I wasnt horrible but then I've been blessed with an easy to care for nose.
it did stuff up during the night and drip during the day and then there was the bloody noses.....I dont envy you one bit. just know that your pregnancy is only a phase/introduction to mommyhood.
you'll get your body back but new trials arrive daily

November 09, 2005 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home