Friday, November 18, 2005

Its the weekend


Well its Friday evening, I have an appointment tomorrow to look at bridal gowns....Its been a mess. Mom left a voice mail saying that if I love her I wont get married this December at their home....She's just stressed over having to get the house ready in such a short notice.....Dads got my back and is wanting to go all out for the wedding and since he holds the piggy bank, I'm sure it's gonna be grand.Hes already working on the yard and planning on renting a tent and people for valet....I only want to get married at their home because they have all this space (19 acres of land) and I want to have a celebration of happiness for everyone to share in .... I just wish my mom would get it together and not be so absorbed with herself. I want her to be my mother and be happy for me. Be supportive and even help plan. shes just the type that has to be negative about everything....At least she's not saying not to marry jamie LOL we're kinda stuck together now that we have a baby...It just is so different doing the whole wedding thing after having a baby. I'm kinda depressed about my body so trying on gowns is going to be a joke. I'm gonna feel like a joke wearing white....maybe I should go with something colored...I don't know, this whole wedding business is easily getting out of control. I just want a simple ceremony, its about the vows, not the catering.
Oh, and then to top it all off, jamie and I get to meet with the pastor tomorrow afternoon....hes got to make sure we're Christian enough before he'll marry us
wish me luck, I'm starting to think eloping might be the answer

6 Comments:

Blogger Sprinkles said...

I wore a two toned dress....cream colored and a darker cream. My mother in law knew I wasn't "pure" when her son and I got married...

I can still remember sitting at lunch with her talking about dresses and she looked at me and said, "oh my, you certainly don't plan on wearing WHITE do you?????"

I tried to get my husband to elope, but he really wanted to be married in a church.

Wedding planning is SO stressful...try to have the most fun you can and keep things simple. And know that no matter how much planning you do and no matter how many times you check your plans over, things will go awry.

I blogged my comical wedding story awhile back if you want to read it...4 parts:

Part 1:
http://insanityinfusion.com/2005/02/it-had-to-be-written.html

Part 2:
http://insanityinfusion.com/2005/02/it-had-to-be-written-part-2.html

Part 3:
http://insanityinfusion.com/2005/02/it-had-to-be-written-part-3.html

Part 4:
http://insanityinfusion.com/2005/02/it-had-to-be-written-part-4-in.html

November 18, 2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

get married after january so that the taco family can try to come!! :oP joking, do it when you guys are ready but still i would love, love, love to be there for the celebration!

i wore white at my wedding, and was 3 months preggo. i was actually going to get an ivory colored dress but since we had only three weeks for planning, i had to get something THE DAY my mom took me to david's bridal. besides, taco wore a white tux and i would have looked funny next to him in ivory. but you're right, it's all about the vows.

November 19, 2005 8:01 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Oh girl ~ I am so utterly thrilled for you. I can't wait to see the wedding pics!

I hope your mom comes around...

M~

November 19, 2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

weddings are very stressful, keep that in mind, not only do you, the bride (the one whose BIG DAY it is)get to be stressed but everyone involved in the whole deal gets stressed, upset, cries, complains, yells & screams, agrues and more. We had my sisters two weeks ago, and I had to bite my tongue so many times with comments made by certain family members that were totally uncalled for. People need to remember, that this special event, before, after and especially on the day, it is all about the bride and her groom. Good luck Robin, and I will checking in your progress as much as possible!

November 19, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

My husband and I almost went to Vegas to get married. Both our parents/family would've had a fit though, so we did the wedding thing. We got married in his brothers house. It was a beautiful victorian house with the perfect amount of space for family only. I'll be thinking of you while the final decisions are being made. It's YOUR day though!

November 20, 2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

Actually, getting married with a new baby is kinda cool - Gus was six months old, and a lot of people who hadn't met him could do so at the wedding. And who cares about your body - I was pudgy in my wedding pictures, but I don't look at that - I look at my hideous eyebrows! Oh, and bridal dresses run super small, don't be discourated. I had to buy a 24 to accomodate the big old nursing boobs, even though I was a 12 or 14 the day of the wedding.

Good luck with your mom.

November 20, 2005 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home