Friday, November 11, 2005

things about my new daughter



I placed avery on her tummy in her crib this morning in hopes of getting some extra sleep. I've discovered that she stays sleeping a bit longer if she's on her stomach and when she woke up this morning about an hour and a half later, she was completly soaked. couldnt tell if it was sweat, slobber, or if her diaper ran over but I got her up and ripped her clothes off and now her body smells a litle funky....got to give her a bath today.
She does so good when I give her a bath. the last time Jamie did it, she screamed bloody murder...she Hates having her head wet but we got to still shampoo her little hair. About a week ago I was worried about a patch of waxy crap on her forhead that wasnt clearing up. I didnt know if it was from not rinsing her well or maybe she had an alergy to johnson/johnson baby shampoo
I'm a freak about skin and was really concerned about her having some disorder. they tell you not to mess with the babies skin when they start pimpling out but that stage has passed, the yucky skin on her head though never cleared up untill my mother got home and told me it was just 'craddle cap' and it could be picked off. mom spent the next hour picking off my daughter's craddle cap crap and Avery had the worst case of danderuff in her dark hair. another fear I have is messing too much with her hair and causing it to fall out. in Avery's 2 months of life, her hair has been dark which is bizarre for my family. all the babies born have been bald with platnum hair till the age of 5years. I dyed my hair darker after her birth so that she and I would match and thought that surly her infant hair would lighten/fall out by now but it hasnt. it has thined ever so slightly but remains dark and beautiful even through grandma's grooming off the craddle crap.
the pictures are of avery during and after her bath. it's so weird to be in the tub with her when just months ago, I would lay in the tub and feel her swish around inside of me. it's amazing how much life has changed and at the rapid pace my daughter is growing.
these past few days have been acomplished with her learning to grab for things. i'm doing good to place objects in her right hand but when ever i see her focusing on bringing her hands to her mouth, she favors her left
we'll see how it works out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

That's such a beautiful picture!

M~

November 12, 2005 7:46 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

Cradle Cap is very normal and almost every baby experiences it. The dark hair comment, I'm gonna havr to get out a picture of Kaylee when she was little and her hair was dark, dark reddish brown, and well, you have seen pics of her now- sandy blondie! It is strange how we change, isn't it? What color was you're hair in your baby years?

November 12, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

I was about to post that is was cradle cap, but then I read forward.... so great that your mom knew.

God, Avery is gorgeous. I wish I had one.

November 12, 2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

apparently what you can do to remove those cradle cap flaky bits is - rub a little olive oil on her scalp at night, then comb it out in the morning.

My daughter has it too, but I'm not bothering to do anything to it. It's not hurting her.

November 13, 2005 12:23 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Lefties have several advantages in sports if that's anything you're interested in her persuing. Just thought I'd tell you that. We put stuff in Annalese's left hand as much as possible without making her upset when she was a baby. Now, she hits a ball left handed, throws it left handed and kicks with her left foot. Great athletes have been left handed. Plus, it's a sign of being bright. What a beautiful baby Robyn!!!

November 13, 2005 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home