Monday, June 13, 2005

Mom Got Steroids

Mom was diagnosed with MS about 5 years ago and She just got finished with being on 5 days of steroid IV drip. She's a lilttle bit altered now due to the drugs. And to Top of the circus act this weekend, her best girlfriend Patsy from Arizona was in town visiting for the weekend.

Mom's behavior was Awful. Between crying at everything, not being able to think a complete thought and erupting into horrible fits of screaming because 'nobody understands' , Things were going ok until my pregnancy hormones kicked in and I wanted to act childish too.
I had to run out the front door and take off on a hike, I couldn't control it and I wanted to cry. This was the first time in several weeks that Mom finally gained her composure and thought to ask how I was doing. I told her everything was 'fine' and couldn't stop myself from breaking down into tears.

Jamie jumped off the couch and followed me out the door trying to figure what had upset me so badly. I only came to a halt when my tears made it impossible to see ahead of me.
I woundup on the swing set in the front yard and started to swing, bawling my eyes out.
It's the weirdest thing to do....To be on swing and try to cry.

I guess the pregnancy is stressful, and then to have to put up with Mom being hadicapped it really took it's toll. I just needed to swing and regain my emotions. Mom wasn't going to be the only one to act badly that day, I was game.

To Add one more thing of comedy to this tragedy, Avery Got a good kick out of me and into Mom's tummy when I gave her a hug after all the emotional disturbance had subsided. Mom really lit up when she felt her unborn granddaughter kick. I almost invited her to come to my OBGyn appointment on Wednesday....If she's a little more in control of herself and doesn't start yelling at the drop of a hat ...Maybe we'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Oh man and I thought I had an emotional weekend! Theres nothing like a good swing, I did that this weekend too! And to think little Avery got her two cents worth in too! Hang in there and try not to take it so hard :-)

June 13, 2005 11:55 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I have a good friend from college who was diagnosed with MS at age 18. He had the steroids a year or so ago, too. He gained 50 lbs and he's really embarrassed about it. He'll email me, but he doesn't really want to see me in person. I keep watching the health news for updates on treatments for this. They've come up with some new stuff lately, but it's out and then pulled back and then out and then pulled back. I wish they could just find a cure.

June 14, 2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

((( Robyn )))

June 14, 2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey its ok to take a break, take a walk, have a good cry. Whatever it takes to maintain your sanity. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Hard times are what teach us compassion for others.

P.S. Further bad news: I believe the steriods may prevent your Mom from having a career in baseball.

June 16, 2005 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home