Thursday, June 09, 2005

Exploring your business

Last night I did something I usually don't do. I spent a good part of the evening getting nosy and handing out advice to a complete stranger using Instant messenger.
I mean this girl is just a typical young woman who left a comment on my blog the other day. When I looked her up to see her profile, there was an address to chat and I dove right into several hours of getting to be friends. We have a lot of the same interest such as theatre, She works at a bloodbank ,which maybe she could help me get over my fear (my insane phobia) of needles before I have to go to the hospital and give birth. But the thing that got me going was that she's being dumped by her boyfriend of three years for no obvious reason other then he doesn't think he 'can have longer relationships' ...The guy has problems and I don't care if he reads this. My 'Panda'
is a terrific young lady who doesn't deserve to sit at home and cry while her moron ex thinks he can treat women this way, and then still be "friends" after he dumps them. She's going places and she'll get there a lot happier and a lot quicker without having to lugg a selfish, pig-headed, boyfriend along.....Got it girlfriend!

I really impressed myself with some of the things we talked about. about how our identity changes when ever we exit a relationship... I sounded like a real therapist. Maybe my shrink is rubbing off onto me...Maybe I don't have that deep a depression,,,,maybe the prozac is working, (maybe it's her blog tittle 'cheaper than prozac') Anyway, I'm feeling better having made a new friend. It's just called helping some one in need. What's that thing called, "send it to someone new"? Pay it Forward is what I'm thinking about.. Pay it forward.
I encourage all of you to pay a good deed forward to somebody else today. I wasn't looking to become 'friendly' with a stranger, it just sorta happened. So practice Nice and love your neighbor, you never know who your in the pressence of.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say. Thanks again. By the way I used to be deathly afraid of needles (I hid in the corner of a dr's office to avoid a shot at 16 years old). I can't really tell you how I got over it, and I still don't enjoy seeing needles, but I can deal with them. I'll keep thinking of a way to help though :-P

June 09, 2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

i wish It were allergies. I wish i just sneezed. instead it has to be a full blown fear that causes my throat to close up, my eyes to begin watering, and panic to overtake my nerves. I am a Baby when it comes to gettting needles shoved in me. I know it's just a prick, but I'm afraid they are going to break off in me. I panic when they are stuck in me for longer then a momment. I have a hard time maintaining my cool, It's really quite embarrasing afterwards. I just struggle with this fear overpowering me.

June 11, 2005 12:33 AM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Maybe its because people are SHOVING needles into you. They need to be gentle! Do they have problems finding your veins? I know that is always my mom's problem (she hates needles too...maybe its genetic). By the way, don't worry about when you have the baby. There will likely be so much pain you'll be begging them to poke u with a needle :-) Wow, I'm not very helpful am I? Sorry.....

June 11, 2005 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home