Friday, June 10, 2005

Nothing New in my pregnant world except that my tummy keeps expanding. My little baby inside is quite active and must have Very Large Feet. Her kicks now create a 'twich' in my belly.
I was driving yesterday and my third rib on the right side (must be her favorite kicking post because it's so tender now) came out and bounced my boobie almost into my chin. It was so unexpected that I swerved out of my lane. thank God there was no other traffic then. I don't think pregnant woman should be allowed to drive. I still have 7 more weeks till baby Avery is considered 'term' and each day I wonder how much more of my body she is going to take over.
This body definitely isn't mine anymore and I've gotten use to that but still, the discomfort keeps increasing. I've gotten use to not being able to breath and that my stomach is now located up in my ribcage. Let me tell you that arragement make's for some really small meals. But even with those small meals I keep gaining weight like I'm munching on Ethiopians for breakfast,lunch, and dinner.

It is pretty funny to see my belly move though....It reminds me of the way a horse's skin will shake off a bugging fly. The other day, Avery actually kicked Batman in the nuts. He was giving me a sweet hug when all of a sudden, he doubles over in shock that my tummy assaulted him. He wasnt hurt, it was too funny that his daughter had kicked him through my gut and actually knocked him. wonder if thats a story we should wait to tell when she's an adult? only 70 sumodd days! I'm sure that i will miss being pregnant afterwards, but I can hardly wait till I get to be incontrol of my body again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Howdy, I just came over from Stephanie's blog & I just wanted to say THANK YOU! for your KICK ASS comments about PC! I was *TRYING* to be NICE, but he wasn't getting the clue that he was just being down-right MEAN by his comments.

Anyway, ROCK ON & thanks again for saying it like it is. I was pretty upset when I read his comments on her blog this morning. It's not up to him to decide her grammar! If he has a problem with her writing, he can "next blog" or X outa the screen.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

June 10, 2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

thanks greek. you were being too polite with someone who was being overly critical. when your pregnant, bitchy comes easier.

June 10, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger sarahshep said...

Good aim already...wow! Practicing for when the baby gets older....:D Robyn, do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

June 10, 2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

WOW! Maybe she will be a soccer player. Your post made me laugh out loud which was cool. I am glad to hear you are hanging in there, I am having a great day today! I got this e-mail of a pregnant belly with a footprint and thought it was the coolest thing. I am completely mesmerized by the whole process of pregnancy (some people would say obsessed). I hope I'm luck enough to experience it for myself someday! :-)

June 10, 2005 5:39 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

NOELLE,,,her daddy doesnt think of it as 'good aim' but I think its important for him to realize how abussive his seed can be. (haha)

SHAN,,,I think she's going to be a diver, this baby has alot of spring in her action.
I too have seen that pictr. of baby foot inside mommy tummy. thats kinda how it feels. I got a wiggly parasite growing in my gut with precious little toes and sweet little fingers that I cant wait to kiss.

June 11, 2005 12:20 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Great post... I really enjoyed you take on the later days of pregnancy.

Oh... FWIW, with the anon commenter, you just have to consider the source, anyone who has to hide in order to comment... well you know, you shut him down!!

Kudos to you!

June 11, 2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Avery? Great name.

June 11, 2005 8:52 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

Who was picking on Stephanie?! I missed that.

All I was going to say is that you aren't alone with the expanding tummy, so don't feel bad. And you're pregnant so it's supposed to do that. Me, I'm just not getting out enough or something.

And if Batman is your husband, he might as well get used to the nutkicking 'cause kids do that without even knowing it once they can run and JUMP on Daddy's lap. And after they've seen a Disney film they won't quit it. So if you want any more kids, don't let them watch any Disney films made from 1980 on or you'll need a sperm donor.

Yeah, this is weird to say, but it's 2:23 a.m. here and I should be asleep.

June 12, 2005 12:23 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

by the way .. thanks for the very nice stuff that you wrote on my blog .. trust me girl, the feeling is mutual. i'm so glad we met .. and have become blog buddies. i know you're life is going to drastically change in a few minutes .. but i hope you are still able to connect with me .... i am so dam happy for you.

(( hugs ))

June 12, 2005 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home