Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Doctor's Visit!

We're ahead of schedule, well, not really...we're just going to have a huge baby which I guess is great.

I went to see my wonderful OB/gyn today, my parents got invited and they were happily waiting in the office when I arrived. Mom was looking all rosey and my Dad looked too old to be in that type of doctors waiting room but I was glad that they were there and behaving themselves.
I didn't even get a chance to sit down, before I was called back . Mom kept commenting how pregnant I looked. That today was the first time she noticed how large I have gotten. (probably because it was the first time she was focused on someone other then herself) It was funny having her marvel over me and tell me how good I looked....Shoot! She was marveling over how good Batman looked With me as we walked into the office. My nutty mother!

Anyway, I had just emptied my bladder just before leaving the house which was big mistake. I was only able to 'go' for half a second of a trickle. I could spit more than I peed, but the nurse said it was just fine. ...Thank God! I had my parents waiting outside and I didn't want to keep the circus waiting.
I jumped on the scale, nervous because I have struggled with my weight gain. Several months I was putting on like 9 lbs. Each month and we're only suppose to gain 4lbs a month. But this was the first time, I was right on target. 2lbs for the past 2 weeks! Awesome!

The best part was the ultrasound! My mother was so excited to be there and I know my Daddy was reminiscing about working the equipment (he had private practice OB/GYN D.O. for 16 years while I was a kid) But the Baby is definitely a girl! She has huge girl parts that were clear as day to see. If fact, the picture of her privates is the the easiest to decipher out of all the shots that we got to take home.
The thing my Doc kept marveling was that she looks like a big one. He measured my tummy and My uterus is 31.5 inches tall! That's like 2 and a half feet! My body is tremendous!
he said she weighs about 4lbs 5 oz. And has plenty of amniotic fluid so everything is going great. I'm just going to have to birth a 10 pounder come August. She's only suppose to be maybe 3-3.5 lbs right now, I'm having a huge baby! I just hope she doesn't hate me, I've always resented being so tall. I'll have her daddy to blame. Batman Is 6'5" I'll just tell Avery, that I tried as hard as I could to keep her average sized.

Guess We cant really call her little Avery anymore

9 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

are they considering c-section? i can't imagine you having to give birth to a 10 lb baby .....

so she's going to be a tall, leggy athlete / model. :)

Avery ....

awww .. so very cool

June 15, 2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Exciting!! She won't seem big at all. She'll be a little bundle. I'm so glad all is going well.

June 15, 2005 11:49 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

What a great post.

I was 10 lbs and 4 ozs (or so my mother tells me) when born, and (again according to Mom) even as her first she had no problems.

Mom's only 5'2" and back then weighed maybe 125 lbs (before the pregnancy)...

What I'm trying to say is... I'm sure you'll do fine! :)

Thanks for sharing that post

June 16, 2005 6:20 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I love the name you picked.

DANG! TEN POUNDS!?!

Anyone got a pool on this? I say 8.5 lbs...I just don't want to imagine ANYONE having to do 10 lbs in one day.

Kara was 7, Alyx was 6 and Shea was 8

*gulp*

June 16, 2005 4:39 PM  
Blogger Strizz said...

I bet you go early, your uterus will freak out at about 9 lbs and try to bust that kid out!

June 16, 2005 5:46 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I did too leave a message!! hee hee.

June 16, 2005 6:08 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

kristine..yes you did funny girl! was that before you saw my comment on your blog?

June 16, 2005 6:09 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Congratulations, I'm glad that you invited your parents. I am sure that it made their day!

As far as the size of the baby WOW! My former boss was huge when she left on maternity leave with her first baby. She ended up being 2 weeks late and having a 10.5 pound baby all natrual. Talk about a trooper! Sounds like you may be facing the same situation :-)

June 16, 2005 7:22 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

I hope to go all natural for the birth but to be honest I really dont know how it's going to feel or how things will progress. i'ld be happy to have the baby now, just because I dont want to break any ribs growing this kid any larger. she seriously is doing jumping jacks on my ribcage. guess that means she still has a bit of room to fill out.
ouch!!!

June 16, 2005 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home