Wednesday, February 01, 2006


Today my site meter reads 13,200 visits and thats been since june when I first got it set up . I think I should reward myself today, who would have thought that there are that many people that come and read my complaints and ramblings. actually I am pretty sure its the pictures of Avery that everyone keeps coming back for :)

yes, I have the most precious little girl, God has blessed me beyond any understanding. I'm so thankful for her health and marvel over how incrediblly smart Avery is. I wonder if there was a meter that could count how many times in a day I tell her that I love her, how many it would be.....I think I've passed 15times just this morning.
we get up in the morning and she giggles and smiles when she recognizes my face leaning over her crib. She slamms her feet into her mattress making it bounce and laughs with excitement knowing that her day is about to get started with her favorite mommy. I love my daughter (does that count as 16times now?) when I reach into her crib and pull her to my chest to get her out, my sweet Daughter knows how to give hugs and snuggles into my neck. I have made a new girlfriend this past week with the wife of a guy that works with Batman and they have a daughter Alexis that is a few weeks younger than Avery and the first time Kim held Avery, she was so touched that my daughter knew how to give hugs and was being affectionate to a new woman...I think Avery sensed that she was a mommy too and the fact that Kim is an attractive woman always makes babies behave funny. Have you ever noticed that a pretty person is welcomed so much quicker than say, someone who is not so attractive? even animals behave in this way, something about our brains , I dont agree with better treatment based on outward appearance and I hope Im able to teach my daughter that. but in the same mind set, I hope I'm able to teach Avery to not be so careless and blind when it comes to befriending people. I have been so dumb at times and do not know how to judge people, therefore I've befriended some of the wrong sorts of people and paid greatly in the end....i'm still learning to be a better judge of character and rely heavily on Batmans guidance. Anyway, enought about me.
My daughter is terrific and I kiss her way too much.... I want her slobber all over my face because I have a theory that's what keeps your skin soft and youthful.

Todays agenda since Batman is off work is to get Avery's and my name changed....at the hospital I was irritated with Batman for hogging the birth certificate papers and I refused to recognize him as her daddy and now we need to get that remedied. She currently has my maiden name and now that Batman and I are married, we really need to update names and such. I'm halfway reluctant about the name change and recommended that Batman just switch his name to match ours..... 2 out of 3 of our family members already match and we're living off of my daddy right now so why not have Batman switch to our family name? he wasnt that cool with the idea and I guess I should follow the rules of history and switch my name out to join my husband...guess that would keep the peace
wish me luck and if I'm having to get my drivers license redone, pray the picture turns out alright lol

4 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

I love that she is so affectionate. My Gus was just like that, and I hope the new baby will be, too.

Good luck with the name change bs. Gus came before we got married, but I gave him his dad's name straight off.

February 01, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

you have to get your info updated with the social security office before you update your drivers license, i hope you didn't wait in line at the dmv just to get turned away! (my mom works for the social security administration, so i know all the rules)

that pic was taken on my sidney's birth day! not just birthday but birth DAY!!

February 01, 2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

Avery is cute! I have an Avery too. She's almost 14 months old and smart as a whip. Must be characteristic of the name!

norman

February 01, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Awww... love the pic, girlie! She's just such a cutie.

I like that philosophy of you wanting to teach your child that people are beautiful inside & out.

M~

February 02, 2006 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home