Monday, January 23, 2006

what our weekend was

the picture is a couple weeks old....batman couldnt figure out the best way to get past the bedroom door
it's monday and i'm going to make this quick. the weekend was alright, I'm still very disturbed with BAtmans predicament and we are still not talking about it. He and I went out to dinner while leaving Avery with his parents for a hour, it was so nice to be on a date with only the two of us, after last weekend at the birthday party I told him I needed some 'us' time and we got it , so yay for us on Saturday having a date.
Sunday we had RAIn and the sky was gray, and it was cold . such a nice change form the sunny 70's we've been seeing. It's been 8 or so weeks since we last had any rain and waking up to the sound of it pouring down on the roof, kinda had me baffled for a few moments till I could remember what the sound was. I think it took a clap of thunder to clearly determine in my mind that it was raining. I am so very thankful and refreshed by it however the burn ban continues for the state of Texas.
Sunday evening we went and visited my Indian Friend Robert at his Shell station. kinda weird to stand around a convience store but that's where he spends all of his time anymore. it was nice getting to visit him except for the fact that I ended up punching Batman in the jaw and he retaliated by twisting my forarm 540degrees....its not cool and he wasnt taking any responsability even afterwards when I apologized....(I wish I could have punched him harder) yeah, I know I probably shouldnt mention our altercation, it only makes my blood boil and you think I'm in a heap of a mess worse then I am. I just want to get it out so forgive me and please dont talk about abusive relationships. He's simply a bully, not a wife beater...............anyway, so Sunday we had rain. this morning(Monday) I chose not to comunicate with Him and he walked out the door trying to get an 'i love you' from me, but I just wasnt feeling it. this weekend I had asked for him to make a bigger effort for him to show me love in a physical way, i.e. holding my hand, touching my knee, caressing my face and in the end he hurts me (not quite what I needed)
so to close this up, I was already feeling down about him getting locked away for his driving trouble but now I'm having these emotions where I just want to withdraw from caring anymore. it's not "Simon says" in our house but instead its "Batman says" and I almost look forward to the break, that's not wrong is it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

so, i just want to tell you how important it is to stand up for yourself in your relationship. i'm not telling you to leave or anything. i'm telling you that you are not your husband's maid/keeper/bitch/etc. you work together to make a household and have equil rights in your home. the next time he hits you or abuses you or "bully's" you...imagine someone doing that to Avery and how angry you would be. that's how you should be for yourself. not healthy for a little woman to see her mom back down. just my thoughts.

January 23, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Amen, Jenny!

There's nothing wrong with wanting intimacy. We women crave it so much more than men do. Men equate intimacy with sex... we equate it with a hand being held... or a sweet smile. That was part of the reason why I decided to break it off with my "friend" John. It's best we are just friends. I want more than he can give me. I hope Batman realizes you need more, too.

You're a beautiful girl. You deserve & need affection & I know you give it back.

M~

January 23, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I suppose showing affection on those ways must not come naturally to him. But at least you've been up front about what you want from him,eh? Being able to ask for what you want is not something we can all do, so kudos to you.

You just keep on standing up for yourself.

January 24, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

we all need a brake. Sounds like you need a girls night. Get together w/ a few girlfriends, have some drinks, and bitch your little heart out. Always makes me feel better!

January 24, 2006 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home