Monday, January 16, 2006

party central

(ok, you guys now see why Batman was covering his face for HNT last week) he just wont take normal pictures. these are from christmas but I thought I should post something at the top of this long ramble here it goes..............

This weekend was busy, I went out both on Friday and Saturday leaving Avery behind, I think it was good that I stayed home and recouped with her on Sunday otherwise she might have begun to forget her dear mommy.

Evidentaly Batmans mother was bugging him all last week to babysit for us and we needed to come up with plans for him and i to go out. Lisa had gone out and purchased supplies of diapers, wipes, paccifier, pajamas, she even picked up formula and rice cereal....I was impressed with her efforts and it has been months since Batman and I have gotten to get away so I decided to give in and try and make the most of leaving my baby behind.
we dropped her off at the grandparents home around 830pm and I was in tears because Batman kept rushing me and I was just wanting to give lisa some last minute intructions to make sure that she new Avery had on a clean diaper and it didnt need checked for awhile.
Batman had to yell at me to get me to leave and head out the door...it did not start things out on the right foot let me tell you. we went to meet up with his buddy Burrito and his date lauren (I thought she was ugly but I guess B was happy to have a girl around) and we all headed out to Sherlocks pub for a suprise birthday party for our other girlfriend Nicki. her husband works with burrito and we have gotten together with these people before for the bob marley festival. great people, great fun.
the evening goes by and Batman spends it talking with his buddies, I start up a conversation with a new girl who joined the group and we spend the evening talking about nursing and when it's ok to stop...her name was Robin and she has a 9 month old and was super sweet to me. I just wish i was capable of talking about non-motherly things
we drank a couple shots of jimbeam..Batmans favorite then it was time to go and find out how Avery had done at her Grandmothers...
it was 1130pm and we got there, and she was asleep! I figured that avery was going to be too stimulated with her grandparents and new location away from us that she would be up but i guess my little darling girl was pooped after all the play she had with grandma. It was a Nice feeling to know I can leave her with someone, but I really would have enjoyed Batman and me time , to going out and not really saying one word to each other like we did. it was really kinda lonely to be on a date, him talking with the guys and me chatting with the ladies.

friday we celebrated my good friend kimberly's 29th birthday. it was in preperation to going out Saturday but I got out of the house and jamie kept Avery for me at home. I was a little uptight for the first hour just being away from her (untill the wine kicked in). I was nervous about having to drive out to dallas on my own...I just am a wreck anytime I'm out on my own and then to have to manuvere the crazy traffic on a Friday night was not ideal. Thankfully I was able to hook up with her dad and his nice girlfriend Gail for the drive. we had a great time talking about kim and myself growing up as teenagers. her dad is such a fun man and gail was a blast. the party was at the MAgic time machine and we really partied it up. for those of you who dont know about the magic time machine..its a busy resturant where all the tables are decorated in crazy ways like a teepee, old schoolbus, or wizards hat. just to give you an idea of the menu, we all had a Roman orgy...think what you will, I was stuffed!
and to top it all off the staff dresses up in costumes. kim had gone there with another group of girls about a month ago and their waiter was Superman but unfortuantely he was off the night of her birthday party so we were waited on my Tinkerbell...she was a hoot! she was short in stature and words and was borderline rude but it fit her little sprite self. Happy birthday to Kim! the picture is of kimberly at my wedding, I forgot to take the camera to her party, actually i didnt forget, we're just having trouble with the battery so I left it at home. I wish we had taken some pictures because I was feeling awfullly cute that night. I managed to get myself dressed up and had on a black pushup bra, it's been awhile of wearing only nursing bras so the cleavage suprised me. one more thing that is making me think of maybe not nursing for forever.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

sounds like fun we also had a ladies night on sat and it was fun us mommies need some adult time so good for you and avery is all good anyways see it was not that hard huh? you are a great mom and it is good for her to be around other people

January 16, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

that's great that you can leave Avery with someone and have some grown-up time together. We still haven't managed to do this with ours.

January 16, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Sounds like you had a really good time, even if you talked only with the ladies.

M~

January 16, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

sounds like we all had a mommies night out weekend!!! we really NEED to do this once in a while, ya know what I mean???? Glad to hear Avery did alright with grandma!!! Doesn't it feel good to know you have someone to help you out sometimes....someone you KNOW you can trust and depend on....

January 16, 2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Good girl for getting away for a bit - and for making daddy be responsible for Avery all by himself! It must have felt good to have a break.

January 17, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

i'm slow at the blogging of late, so i'm just now able to catch up on stuff, hanging out over at my mom's house for the evening.

you guys know a guy named burrito?! that's too funny...we'll have to let him and taco hang out sometime ;o)

getting out is great. monday, mom watched little sidney for us while we went to walmart. it was so weird not having him with us, i didn't feel quite right. but it was also our first time out of the house since we got back from the hospital. nonetheless, my arms felt empty pushing the buggy around but no baby carrier in it. still, it was fun and taco and i had a blast, and chatted the entire time even more than we usually do!

January 19, 2006 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home