Tuesday, January 24, 2006

my dad and Avery at the hospital when she was born
i was nervous about complaining so openly about batman but as luck would have it, yesterday when he came home everything was sweet. he called an hour before leaving work and offered to bring home dinner, he actually stayed home with Avery and myself (instead of running off to play with the guys like he does more frequently then not) , and then to top it off he sat and watched two hours of the bachelor in paris with me (?) during which he rubbed my neck and shoulders (? )
I know I married him for a reason even if things get tense between us at times but i guess a guy cant possibly be expected to be 'wonderful' 24/7 , so I take what I can and am thankful for the nice moments.

yesturday I had to be my dads caregiver and take him up to have a angiogram or arithricscope or somthing or other (scope in his newly healed shoulder) he had surgery right before avery was born and now theres a grinding/clicking sound when he rotates it so the doc's wanted to check it out. while he was getting his proceedure done, avery and i wondered around and discovered a duck pond across the street and we STROlled the duckies into the water...i think she was more fascinated by the geyser waterfountain in the middle of the duck pond then by the ducks themselves.
when we got back to pick up dad, he was medicated and kept repeating about how they had hurt his arm and then would follow it up with how thankful he was that i was there to drive him home. he said this like 3-4 times on our drive home.
He was so sweet and called my mom (out in Florida still with her mother), to tell her that he had made the appointment and was ok and that they had hurt his arm.....he dropped the phone a couple of times , I was driving, and i dont know if it was the pain or the medicine but I hate seeing my dad weak like that. it just crushes me. the point was that I think he's starting to really miss my mom. they dont get along that well and have a highly disfunctional marriage of 38years but I guess in her absence he's gotten a bit mushy. a couple day's ago while i was over at their home, DAd walks into the kitchen holding a bad of peanut M&M's and I questioned what's up with the chocolate?......he replies with , "it's your moms favorite comfort food. I miss her so I'm going to mail this to her." my jaw about drops to the floor unbelieving that my dad said something so sweet about my mother. those two are forever bickering and it's so nice to hear them or at least my dad say things about his feelings of love for her.
dont know what else I did yesterday to be blessed today, but Dad met up with me and Avery while I was getting an alignment for my car and we all went to toys r Us and Avery got a new HighCHair.....!!!! We've already torn it from the box and have it set up in the living room right now (picture will come soon) She's such a big girl now and wants to sit up in a seat when i give her any babyfood...so far it's been rice cereal and we tried a jar of greenbeans(her face was priceless on that first taste) and now AVery has a fancy , and I do mean TOP of the LINe baby highchair. I'm so proud of her and My Dad is Awsome!! I couldnt be more blessed to have him as my dad. there's a disclaimer about the teenage years but we are well past that now.

so thanks to every one for hearing me vent, i appreciate your comments and take them to heart. I pray everyone of you is well and that tomorrow finds you even better.

5 Comments:

Blogger MommyTaco said...

sweetie, i'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. boys can be silly at times and it's hard to deal with them but you just gotta keep truckin on until those rare little sweet moments come along and then you forget all about the bad stuff you were mad at them for. like when they fall asleep with your child in their arms and look so at peace with the world.

January 24, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I can understand your feelings about your pops getting older. My dad called me yesterday saying he's gonna have arthroscopic surgery of his good knee. I'm not there with him & these are times I get pangs of loneliness & worry about him...

I'm happy to hear about your Big Girl!

M~

January 25, 2006 6:00 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

I don't want to diminish your problems with Batman, but I went through real similar shit with Fodge. Just wait until Avery becomes a toddler - the two of them will be infuckingseperable.

January 25, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

Love will prevail. That's what I've been told anyways! It sounds like you and Grandpa had a great day together! That is really neat. I'm sure he just loves that precious grandaughter to peices! How sweet that he is thinking of your mom in those ways. Will be looking forward to pics in her new big girl high chair!

January 26, 2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful story- bittersweet though, ain't it? I love the M&Ms part the best.

I'm glad things are better and that your man got his head screwed back on straight!

January 26, 2006 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home