Monday, November 21, 2005

It's ON for December 17!


this weekend went suprisingly good (I found a dress and it's so pretty) and John our pastor got all teary eyed during the meeting talking with jamie and me. He loves my family so very much and has known us for 15 years...We have so much that needs to be done to get this wedding thrown together.
Avery is napping right now....Who would have thought that laying down with her while trying to listen to a wedding music CD could do the magic...I think her favorite is the king singing "I can help falling in love with you". I know I'm suppose to be thinking romantically about jamie right now but that song brought tears to my eyes thinking about my new little daughter and I CANT help but fall in love with her....I'm such a mushy momma!
I've got so much to do,,,create a guest list and make invites, decide how much of my dad's money I should blow on decorations,,,you know, all the good stuff. It's so crazy, I just want to make sure I'm in the right frame of mind so we do all of this properly....I don't know the first thing about etiquette for weddings...Got to go and find some online help.
the church had a second baby shower (a diaper shower) for Avery yesterday, just a few people came but it was nice.....I've got to get thankyou notes sent out so I'm super busy.
just wanted to share that things are going good....Even my mom seems to be getting on the band wagon and not dragging her feet about how this wedding is going to be too soon. I really want her to be apartof it and to be able to enjoy and celebrate our marriage.
I'm just so relieved that the dress shopping went well. It went better then I expected even if they are having to let out the waist...I tried telling the little Asian Taylor lady that I just had a baby 2 months ago and that my tummy is still shrinking...She still wanted to let it out a tad probably so she could charge us an extra $70.......I didn't go with white, I felt it would be wrong seeing that I obviously am not a virgin, so it's kinda like a cream color and it goes so good with my skin tone...I love it. Sorry I didn't take any pictures..I want it to be a surprise for the wedding day. Well, I'm going to run, I have so much that I need to get done and I don't know where to begin...I guess it begins with me getting off of blogger
have a great day everyone
I'll let you know how things are unfolding

"Following is a list traditions, customs and rituals throughout the world. Some of these are still followed at weddings today.

If an English bride passed a chimney sweep on her way to the church, and the chimney sweep kissed her, it was considered good luck.

In Holland and Switzerland a pine tree, a symbol of fertility and luck, was once planted outside a new couple's home.

In South Africa, both bride's and groom's parents carried a fire from the hearths of their own homes and took this fire to the new couple's home to begin the fire in their home.

In Armenia, two white doves were set free to symbolize love and happiness.
The wedding cake in Bermuda was a multi-level fruitcake and included a small cedar tree on top. This tree was planted and is supposed to grow with the love of the bride and groom.

In Japan, brides change their bridal attire several times throughout the wedding day.

In England, the bride wouldn't allow her married name to be used before the wedding for it was considered bad luck.

In Italy, the groom's tie was cut into pieces and sold to the guests at the reception. The money earned is used for the honeymoon.
Flowers decorated the front of the bridal car in Italy so that the bride and groom would have happy travels throughout life together.

In Japan, ducks or a goose and gander were included in the processional because they mate for life and are a symbol for fidelity.

In Poland, guests paid to dance with the bride and this money is used for the honeymoon.
During the reception in Spain, wedding guests danced a special dance and then present gifts to the bride.

An early American custom -- the bride pinned a small pouch to her wedding petticoat. This pouch contained a small piece of bread, cloth, wood and a single one-dollar bill. This ensured that there would be enough food, clothes, shelter and money for the future couple. "

7 Comments:

Blogger Hippie girl said...

Congrats on the date and the dress and everything going on in your life I haven't been by lately but I'm glad I stopped by today and got your good news. Avery looks just like a little kitten so cute and cuddlely! I 'm glad life is treating you good . Have a Happy Thanksgiving

November 21, 2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

yay yay yay!!! i can't get over how excited i am for the two of you! let me know if you need anything girlie xoxox (p.s. we have a lot of leftover tull from mine, if you're interested)

November 21, 2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That's so great, Robyn. I'm so happy for you. I wish a dollar bill still provided that much security.

November 21, 2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

congrats on the date if you need ideas for invites email me i am making my own and i will send you directions on how to make a couple that are so nice and inexpensive.
hdjuly1978@yahoo.com
good luck with the planning. I know I am enjoying my planning process.

November 22, 2005 8:08 AM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

yay!! congratulations. :) i'm so excited for y'all...can't wait to see pictures.

November 22, 2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I can't wait to hear about your big day! I know it's stressful these days for you with all the decisions you have to make. I'll be watching for pictures. Are you two going to do a honeymoon?

November 22, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Hi girlie ~ just getting caught up on your bloggy! I'm so utterly thrilled for you!

Can't wait for the pics!

M~

November 23, 2005 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home