Monday, July 11, 2005

Slip'n'Slide


Avery is not so much kicking as she is doing cartwheels inside my uterus. This morning Jamie and I laid in bed and watched my tummy bounce around... It was pretty funny. I guess I 'm getting use to the discomfort of pregnancy so I'm in a slightly bit better mood. ...Still tired and feel oh so very heavy and slow but I've forgotten what having my own body feels like so I don't complain as much. I'm sure jamie would be rolling his eyes right now if he reads this but what ever...This is my blog. My account of things, my way or the highway and please take your comments with you.

So I'm getting use to not fitting in the bathtub anymore. Really I fit except my thicker parts(belly/boobs) never submerge. It's funny taking a bath. Until the pregnancy I only took showers but I enjoy getting off of my feet every chance I have and I've discovered that I love Bathtime. so much that it really isn't anything for me to think about taking two in one day.


The other day, while I was sitting there with my belly chilling in the open air above the suds, I started rocking the bathwater from front to back of the bathtub (we have a small, regular size tub, nothing fancy with jets or cascading facets) I remember doing this as a child and watching the water rise up and almost splash over the barrier.
This evening as the water came back to a stand still and all the motion in the tub subsided, my baby girl decided she wanted more 'wave pool' and started jostling around inside of me so I began rocking in the water again, this time paying attention to Avery's activity.
As I moved the water back and forth using my body in the tub, I realized that my tummy , even though the top part stuck out of the suds, was moving with the current of water. Avery was quite inside.

I did this for only a minute and allowed the water to slow down and become still. The very instant no motion from the tub could be detected, Avery started wiggling and bouncing around. It was too funny, my little girl was having a blast with the wave pool and wanted it to keep moving.
I did this a couple more times and even called Batman in so he could witness how funny the baby was. I'm sure these are the memories I'll have to tell Avery all about when she gets older.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

What a fun story! I can just see little Avery dozing to the waves and jolting awake when you stopped. Maybe you should get her a surfboard!

July 11, 2005 8:21 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

I believe she already has one

July 11, 2005 8:32 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

That's just beautiful.... seriously, how gorgeous is the sight of watching your baby play?!

Have you thought about chronicaling this time in a journal of sorts for your baby girl? I'm talking other than blogging... just telling her stories of how important she is & how special she is to you.

Just a thought!

And I agree about blog ~ I write for me. Everyone else can read or not read.

M~

July 12, 2005 6:37 AM  
Blogger Angel! said...

She will love to hear that story when she's old enough to understand.

Beautiful!

July 12, 2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger sqwerrl said...

what's up with you and the naked pregnant chicks?what, are you hinting to something?you gonna leave me fer a naked pregnant chick?that would be pretty funny to see though....two naked pregnant chicks making out. lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

July 12, 2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

great story Rob ...

July 12, 2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That reminds me of a Beach Boys song for some reason...

Which comment above does not fit in with all of the others? LOL.

July 13, 2005 3:36 AM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

I almost was born in a bathtub and this was before they had invented the concept of "birthing tanks". My mom was very nervous and kept calling and harrasing her doctor about when she was supposed to go. The doctor suggested that she take a bath and have a glass of wine. A glass of wine turned into a bottle of wine and because she was in the bathtub she didn't realize that her water had broken. They ended up making it to the hospital but I still use this story to account for my fondness for both wine and water

July 13, 2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

The photo of the naked bathtub woman nearly gave me a heart attack. I'm at work and it could be hard to explain why it's up on my computer.

July 14, 2005 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home