Monday, July 04, 2005

The benefits of Multiple cats

The purpose of having three cats became quite evident just a few moments ago. I just woke up and the sweet kitties of the house all were demanding that I give them food. They do this every morning as though they were about to die, but like a good mommy, I make sure they have enough dry food in there bowls to make it through the night,,,,well they just want to upset me and make believe that I neglect them because their bowls are completely empty each morning and the way these cats cry about it in the morning, jumpin up on the bed to disturb my sleep...I wish I had a water gun by the night stand.
So this morning I climbed out of bed, and not wanting to allow my cats to dictate my day, I decided they could wait another 15 minutes while I took a shower and washed the chlorine from my hair (we went swimmin at my parents late last night, the water was warmer then the night air and the buoyancy helped my poor aching back out...It felt so wonderful almost started crying again because of the relief)....So as soon as I step out of the shower, Jarobi is standing there meowing like he thinks I must be deaf....That cat just kept on talking(wailing) about his empty dish and how long he has been waiting for it.
So after a quick towel dry and I find some undies I make my way to the kitchen where their are three empty bowls and about 27 cat lives on the line (cat's have 9 lives...Get it...3x9=27) anyway, my poor sweet Riddler comes out from his hiding spot in the laundry hamper, and Simone hisses at Jarobie everytime he looks at her...She's obviously the most in need of nourishment. Her blood sugar is down and boy does that angel turn into a devil when she's hungry. I gather their bowls and place an adequate amount of food in each bowl....Finally some peace as each cat, Riddler, Simone, and Jarobie begin feasting
I go to settle down at the computer and as I'm checking my email, I'm brought back to reality with Simone throwing up on a plastic bag. I think, Hey, smart kitty! She's throwing up on a surface that wont be difficult or unpleasant to clean....Just as I'm thinking this is going to be easy, Simone turns her head and hits the carpet with her juicy fresh vomit. UUUUUUGH! Nasty, I don't want to clean that up first thing in the morning....What got her so sick any way? As She's runing into the dining room and throwing up again!
..... I cant deal with this right now. It's her fault that she got so upset this morning about breakfast and her poor feline tummy cant hold her food....I'm just going to sit here and I'll get to the vomit soon enough
Now here is the part where having multiple cats is truly a blessing, While I was waiting for SImone to finish "up-chucking" where ever her little heart desired...I continued checking my mail...

Moments later, I hear a noise and turn to see Jarobie, aka Tug-boat, licking up the pile nearest the plastic bag......Is it wrong to allow him to clean it up? If he wants to eat Simone's Vomit ,then there's less for me to worry about. Like such a good dog, Jamie's cat finishes with the first pile, and then moves over to the second one in the dining room....Like I said less for me to worry about and Jarobie is getting to eat his fill.

5 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't believe you tricked me into reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe

however ... i will admit that Sienna used to eat my cat (Kyra)'s poops out of the litter box (NASTY!!!) but it did keep the litter box cleaner so i had to change it less ... LOL

GROSS!!!

July 04, 2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Any woman who can watch a cat eating another cat's vomit and say, "Well now, isn't that handy?" is sooooo ready to be a Mom.

July 04, 2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Angel! said...

I am sooooo not ready to be a mom!!

Gross...

July 04, 2005 5:44 PM  
Blogger Hippie girl said...

Good kitty...Meow!!!
Go to Emily's blog to take the test.
Now if we could just teach them to do dishes life would be great.

July 05, 2005 10:37 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

LoL Amy. The voice of experience.

July 06, 2005 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home