Saturday, July 02, 2005

something I found on childbirthing

"Thank God that the childbirth experience can be without pain and terror.
In Torah times, women had to bring a guilt offering after childbirth. One of the explanations for this is that during their moments of intense pain, they might have vowed never to let their husbands touch them again! Therefore one could even argue that epidurals promote shalom bayit, "peace in the home"!
I may not be espousing the politically correct viewpoint but one thing I do know: delivery with drugs is a lot more fun for mom and dad. And what's good for mom and dad is good for the baby."

6 Comments:

Blogger Avery's mom said...

I dont know if I agree with the writer here. She had 7 babies naturally and the last two assissted with drugs. but she has a very strong oppinion on the issue.

July 02, 2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I had an epi for both of my kids. I laughed the whole time I was pushing my son out because I couldn't believe I was actually giving birth. I only had to push for TWO minutes. If people ask, I tell them that I had my children naturally. I carried them for nine months and then pushed out my "down there" area. Can't tell me that's not natural. What's not natural is squirting them out your nose.

July 02, 2005 11:14 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Emily, my mom- who had four of us- was there when I had my kids. She said she wanted to slap me just so I would have some pain to remember the day by. My only regret is that I can't hold hours of horrible struggle over my kid's heads to guilt them.

July 02, 2005 12:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You want to have another baby Emily?

July 02, 2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They do not have to know Amy, but, of course, there are many other things you can use. "Do you know how much money I have spent on you since you were born?", etc.

July 02, 2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

i completely agree ....

to me there is no sense in putting yourself through that kind of pain and agony if you don't have to ....

July 03, 2005 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home