Wednesday, June 29, 2005

And the mother's name is Robin.....!

MILWAUKEE - Weighing in at 13 pounds, 12 ounces, Delaney Jessica Buzzell isn't your average newborn. Her parents have even dubbed her the "Big Enchilada." The baby headed home Tuesday after being delivered by Caesarean section on June 23 — a surprising three weeks early.
Her family isn't quite sure what to make of her weight. The father is 6-foot-2 and the mother is 5-foot-7, and nurse Judy Nadolski described them as "regular-sized."
"We're pretty normal," 34-year-old Paul Buzzell said.
Nadolski said carrying the baby in her arms was like holding a 4- or 5-month-old infant. The diapers and baby T-shirts also were a little on the snug side.
"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said. "It had quite an appetite."
This isn't the first supersized baby for Paul and Robin Buzzell, from suburban Mequon.
Their now-4-year-old daughter, Cameron, was born weighing 11 pounds, 8 ounces, and their second child, Alexis, now 2, weighed in at 10 pounds, 8 ounces when she was born.
When Cameron was born, Paul Buzzell said he posted a sign on the door that said "Home of the Whopper." When their second child was born, Buzzell put up a sign describing her as "Whopper Jr."
With the birth of the "Big Enchilada," the Buzzells say their family is now complete.
"This will be the last one," Paul Buzzell said.
The child weighs near double the average newborn. And according to the National Center for Health Statistics, less than 1 percent of babies weigh more than 11 pounds at birth.


I'm going to see my OB/GYN today and have my tummy measured, hope little Avery isn't that big.
I'm 5'8" and Jamie is 6'5" The world record for biggest birth was something like 23 pounds but the mother was 7'+
I'll be back to update you on our visit to the doctor

Update: got to my doctors office, this time prepared with a full bladder to have them sample and as I was signing in, the receptionist says '"hello Robyn, there are a couple of people ahead of you and Dr. G is in a C-section right now. Would you like to reschedule or just wait?" well, I have no idea how long c sections take but the other women aren't giving up their hope of seeing the wonderful doctor this afternoon. I find that the next time they could see me wouldn't be until nextTuesday when I'm suppose to see my shrink so I decide to wait.
Jamie was with me and neither of us had had lunch (plus I desperately needed to pee) so I ask the receptionist if I could run down the street and grab a bite to eat...'Not a problem'...... so jamie and I headed down to Wendy's where I relieved myself and refilled on a biggie sprite.
By the time we got back to the office I realize all the women in the waiting room had changed...(DR. G is a busy man)... I get ushered right in, have my urine tested, and step on the scale for the nurse.

Biggestt shock of all time is that now, in my8th month of pregnancy, I have not gained a single pound...!!! Icouldn't believe when she told me my weight had stayed the same, I mean come on! I'm the prego lady that put on over twice the legal limit per month for several months.... and now that I'm nearing the end, when the weight gain is suppose to be the most noticeable , I gain nothing?!
I asked the doctor on my way out if that was o.k. and he just looked at me like I was silly for asking. We both knew the answer was that I had gained enough already and to not be concerned about it. I was actually better off not gaining extra weight at this point.
When the nurse was taking my blood pressure, I told her the story about the Wi. Baby being so huge, everyone was so chatty today, all the office girls looked at me and kept saying "not much longer" for me.....It was really nice to hear so many people notice my progress. I kinda felt like I was the center of attention but I know that couldn't be the case in a office that see's pregnant women day in and day out. Did I have my pregnant glow on or something? It did feel good.
When I was checking out, the girl at the desk went and scheduled me all the way up till September 6 which is two weeks past my due date. She was so thankful that I didn't get upset or angry with her scheduling me that far in advance, evidently prego women don't like to think that they will be late past their due dates and get offended if the office prepares for it. I was just happy that I could see the end in sight and told the girl Ididn't mind just as long as she didn't schedule me for any appointments in 2006.
All in all the visit was smooth. My weight hasn't changed which is nuttso, my uterus is between 32 and 33 inches, and Ididn't have to give any blood.
Avery's little heart sounded so much bigger and slower then the times before. It was a good strong rhythm and the Dr.Was pleased. Tomorroww jamie and I start up the childbirthing classes..We really should have done this a lott sooner but at least we got signed up and we should finish the series before D-day.

11 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

holy crap!!!!

my son was 6 lbs 14 oz at birth!!!!

i can't even IMAGINE ....

June 29, 2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like the baby was born about 2 years old.

June 29, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

What in the HELL was that mother eating?!

M~

June 29, 2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

congrats on the good report at the doctor ...

(( hugs ))

June 29, 2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Hippie girl said...

Way to go!!!!! I can't wait for little Avery to pop out.She is going to be just perfect.
I only gained 18 with my 1st,11 with my 2nd and 8 with my 3rd.I was chunky starting out so it didn't hurt anything.
My advise at this point WALK WALK WALK I walked alot and had 1 1/2 hrs labor with the first one,3 pains with my 2nd and 8 hours with my 3rd. I got lazy and didn't walk as much with him.
Good luck with the classes.

June 29, 2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I saw a pic of that huge baby on the news when I was in L.A. just before flying home.
She was still a cutie though. I can't help it. I love fat
babies. I wouldn't want to try and give birth to that huge baby though. It's a good thing she was taken by c-section.
You're getting closer to birthing your hopefully not-so-huge enchilada.
My daughter and I have returned from our trip to Asia. I've posted a link to pictures. Hope you stop by.

June 30, 2005 4:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Is there a link anywhere? I want to see a picture of the giant baby.

June 30, 2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

I am 5'11" and husband is 6'3". My boy was 9lb 2oz.

With the biggest head I've ever seen!

June 30, 2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

In the words of the shark in Nemo, "Good on ya mate!".

In a couple of years, you too will be able to quote from all of the leading cartoon movies.

June 30, 2005 7:32 PM  
Blogger sarahshep said...

I CAN quote from all of the leading cartoon movies and I don't have kids...I guess that just means I'm a kid at heart. I still think Finding Nemo was one of the most amazing Disney movies so far.

Congrats on the good check-up...hope it all goes that good until the end!

June 30, 2005 8:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I also slowed down with weight gain in those last months. It's a good thing. You'll be glad you petered out when you start losing the weight right away.
And I saw that baby!! Oh my! Can you believe she was EARLY!? Imagine if they had gone full term!

July 01, 2005 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home