Saturday, June 25, 2005

Baby Bliss

I got my nursery put together And I am so happy
The crib looks wonderful except that it's missing a baby. I just sat in little Avery's room and cried thinking how happy I was, and what a sweet time this is for us. Not much longer and we're going to have a screaming baby on our hands. A darling little soft skinned creature made from our own DNA that knows absolutely nothing about the worries or ugliness of this world.
I cant wait to see her, to hear her little voice, to smell her sweet infant breath...It's so much like a dream but it's going to really happen. It's going to really happen To ME! *huge grin* I always thought I was missing out on some part of being a woman because I was in my late twenties and had never been pregnant. A lot of the girls my age have already had their families and gotten tubes tied, but I carried around a bitterness thinking I was behind, and not blessed by God to experience the beauty of Womanhood and birth, now here I am, the gigantic stomach, the swollen legs and feet, about to endure this mystery pain of childbirth and I feel so blessed. God was looking down on me and said that It was my time.
The thing that scares me is realizing that this dream doesn't just complete itself with bringing a newborn into the world, we are going to have this little creature and be entirely responsible for it always...Always! My life will never be the same.
I just pray the Little Avery doesn't have impossible expectations, and that she has a very understanding heart. She's my first daughter, my first child and I'm going to screw her up somehow. I hope she forgives me and grows past my mess ups and that our relationship is one of her favorites when she is older.
I'm going to be a Mom and my little girl has a sweet room waiting to be all hers. My home is quiet right now and I am so happy.


Check out my friend the Gestator from Down under,
http://threeplusoneequalsfour.blogspot.com/ she's got some horrible stuff going on with her pregnancy and is too funny for words when she writes about her doctors visits. give her some words of encouragement if you would.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hippie girl said...

Ohhh how exciting!!!!I got goosebumps just your post. It's an amazing thing to think something so wonderful can be growing inside your body.There will always be a part of you in her. Don't worry about screwing her up. She is going to be wonderful . My children turned out great dispite having to raise their mom the last 10 or 15 year.Hee HEE
My belief is you teach children one thing RESPECT and all else falls into place. Respect for person places and things and most of all for themselves. Enjoy the peace and quiet it won't last long.And I don't mean that in a bad way it's just well you'll see.

June 25, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

I'm antisipating the ruckus when she gets here.
Respect will be a very good leason, I just dont know how to teach a child! but I'm hoping everything will fall into place like it's done so far. I'm learning to just go with the flow and loose my worries. It's really been a blessing to do,(a little work but still a blessing)

June 25, 2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

girl .. it's instinct.

you will be fine.

you're already a good mother ... :)

June 25, 2005 4:42 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

You are going to be the best mom because you have so much love for your baby girl. I'm in my ALMOST mid-30s & I am still slightly hopeful.

M~

June 25, 2005 7:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I used to worry about messing up my kids, too, but after 5 kids I got so busy I do not have time to think about it anymore.

June 26, 2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

Chris, so you say the key is to have too many to worry about...I think i would rather just mess up one then have a whole tribe of crazy lunatics yelling mutiny

June 26, 2005 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home