Friday, June 17, 2005

Where's the Fiber

So today I picked up my prescription for Extra strength Iron, My doctor said that I was borderline anemic. everytime my blood gets tested, the medical staff says that I am 'borderline anemic", never all the way anemic but that I should increase my Iron with a supplement And I do but everytime my bloodwork gets done, it comes back borderline....I don't think my blood carries iron very well. Or else I just test poorly.
I feel good (not because of the supplement) but because I Got the Doc to hook me up with a laxative too. I know , you probably don't want to hear how I cant go poo and haven't for like five days now, but my lovely Doc wanted to make sure the extra Iron didn't make my situation worse. This big tub of powder can be mixed in with any type of fluid and has no flavor or texture......Hmmm, I'm planning a surprise hit on Batman when he's not suspecting anything! Oh, how evil of me, hahahahahah

He's out front right now getting the grill going, whining about how he cant cook out unless he has some beer. So I guess I get to waddle my fat stomach to the store for him and pick up a six pack. Hope the cashier doesn't think the booze are for me...
MMMMmmmmm, I can smell the grill already, We're having Shishkabobs! I love food on a stick! Is there any fiber in a shishkabob?

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Shishkabobs and beer, ok I will be right over.

June 17, 2005 9:42 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

wow, i cant believe I've gotten to the point at which I can write about poop and people still leave comments...I have arrived in the blogosphere of life!

What do you think i can get away with next?

June 18, 2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

CHRIS, youre totally invited!! or did you not read that I'm spiking drinks with laxative?

June 18, 2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Wow poop and meat...how appetizing :-) Stephanie is right though, with the meat in your shiskabob as well as if you use any green vegetables you will have a big heaping helping of natural iron. Anemia is a very common thing with pregnancy because your blood is carrying oxygen/iron for two.

June 18, 2005 2:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

As long as those laxatives are the chocolate ones. I am a sucker for anything chocolate.

June 19, 2005 7:27 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

oooo, I dont want shots! I hate needles like cat's hate water!!

I pray to god that this supplement is going to work. I'm already taking prenatal vitamins full of iron but I guess my baby is eating it all up before I can use it

June 20, 2005 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home