Friday, May 13, 2005

Revolution

Ok , well here I sit again. And I have been thinking, you know this issue with my dad (check out My Dad's a time bomb) I understand that my life is changing. That soon it wont be me and Batman. But once the baby is born, everything shifts and is new all over again. It's exciting and scary. I've already mourned the death/ end of 'Batman and robyn'.
I don't want that to change but it is... We're gonna have 'a baby and us'...
Never again 'Just us two'... It's really emotional or maybe I"m just making it bigger then necessary.
Anyway, back to what I was saying about my dad. I realized that this baby is changing the world already. Not only is this child changing every aspect of my life, but she is also changing my dad's life. I discovered that dad is going to evolve from "Dad" to "Grand-daddy". I mean, he's already been so sweet and more affectionate towards me then I've ever known him to be. He's turning to be mushy and it's all because of this baby. I never knew him to be so sentimental and teary eyed...It's one thing to become/have a "Dad" But it's so much more awesome to have a "GRAND-dad". I think this baby is amazing. It's turning my dad into a softy. ;]

Hey,I'm taking sugestions
who wants to name my baby girl?

7 Comments:

Blogger sarahshep said...

I say Mackenzie...or Cally...

May 13, 2005 10:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You are quite correct. Your life will never be the same after having kids. In some ways it will be harder, but in a lot of ways it will be more rewarding. It will make you grow up, so you will have to work at keeping that inner child alive. Kids are never boring, and are the greatest joy of my life.

May 16, 2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

P.S. I currently like Victoria and Rachel.
Well and Bert, but that would probably not be a good name for a girl.

May 16, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

My sister's name is Rachel so that's out. Bert is an interesting choice. I'm quite fond of Leopold. it means; darring/brave. but not for a girl.
Victoria...eeeh, i dont know. isnt that the name of your computer?

May 16, 2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

i know my life changed when i became a grandmother ... i was so angry at first that my son and this girl were so irresponsible and when they told me she was pregnant, i said: "i am 42 and i will NOT be called grandma!!"

well ... that lasted all of a nano-second when i was in the delivery room and saw my grandson being born .. when he was 2 minutes old i whispered to him "you can call me anything you want ...."

he will be 1 next month .....

May 18, 2005 3:41 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

raven, I'm so happy for you! congratulations on recieving new joy from the fresh life of your grandson. Babies rule this world with such unspoken power. just think of the damage/change you and i must have created when we were first brought into this world.....'and the beat goes on, yeh the beat goes on.'

May 18, 2005 10:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yea, my computer at work is named victoria so that name is out since it is already taken.

My Mom goes by Mama Jo instead of Grandma. I think she did not want to feel old or something.

May 22, 2005 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home