Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bat Baby

What a Day! It couldn't have gone better ( of course it would have been great to share it with my sweetie) I saw the Doctor today. No pap smear, no blood work, just listening for the baby's heart. It sounded like she was doing laundry in there, suwooooshisuwooooshisuwoooooshisuwoooooshi... It was fantastic and fast! I cant wait to see her after she's born. God what a day that will be. and I know that it's going to be here sooner then I can imagine.
This whole pregnancy is like a dream. It's definitely an outer body experience, I don't feel like this is my body anymore. It's been taken over by this little person that just wants to move in and rearrange my insides. What is her personality going to be? Does she have one yet or is that something that begins after birth when she starts to learn that fussing gets her food and attention? I think right now she's just swimming without a care in the world, warm and content.

What a tragedy to bring something into this world. A world full of uncertainty and pain. But also a world full of opportunity to feel, smell, taste, hear and see. I guess that can be the upside of things. She's going to bring so much joy to her mom and dad, she's probably going to break our hearts too......I love you sweet babyxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I really think kids are the best thing in life. Relationships are hard work, but being a father is almost pure joy.

Don't think about how hard this world is, think about what great things your baby is going to achieve.

May 07, 2005 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home