Sunday, December 04, 2005

love languages

Ok I just want to say that it's not that bad folks and I'm not making any excuses here for jamie. I wrote last post while mad and yes, it was horrible to have jamies anger focused at myself but it turned out better then anticipated...He drove to the bar and had something new to be upset about when he learned that they where out of Meresdo (sp) his beer of choice. Serves him right being all pissy with me and trying to go blow his steam at the bar, he looses Ha!
anyway, he returned home before 11pm didn't say anything to me further, the next morning , Saturday still no communication and I'm weighing out the difficulty in putting the brakes on this wedding. We had a meeting with the pastor that afternoon and I was trying to come up with how I was going to explain our little trouble to john, but on the way to my parents house to discuss wedding/ceremony stuff, jamie makes me pull the car over and stop in this parking lot and he starts out with how he's sorry for his behavior and for being bent out of shape over something so little as my lack of obedience in something that wasn't that important. Then he continues with how he's not going to baggar me with it or bring it up again, and that he loves me and still wants to marry me and can we please be friends and continue our day........I had tears streaming down my cheeks, it felt so good to have him apologize and then to actually recognize how hard he had been on me. I think I just needed to have him realize how mean he gets.
Our meeting with pastor john went well, our finally meeting with him is next Saturday. We talked about love languages and discussed the 5-6 different ways people show/ communicate love.........Who would have thought that jamie felt my love through "services" I perform for him. But then when john asked for 3 examples of me servicing jamie and him feeling my love, jamie was unable to recall anything
......(yeah, my service is so memorable, I'm ecstatic)
jamie was quick to point out that my love language was the one of verbal encouragement, I respond to him saying words of kindnesss most (I bet it has something to do with the frequency of his nasty words to me that make his kindness so important to my ears)


anyway, I don't mean to disappoint you all, but the wedding is still going on as planned
no body is perfect and at least the pastor talked about wives being submissive to their husbands and clarified that its not about obedience to the man but instead its a willingness to surrender and allow the man to mold/enhance the woman's spirit. Jamie is taking on a huge responsibility here, and I'm not just talking about making a new family unit, he's responsible to God for my spiritual growth
our homework for the week is to read Song of Solomon to each other.........hmmm, should be interesting. I could never read that book of the Bible with out blushing

7 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

No disappointed feelings here, gal. I'm rooting for y'all something fierce. I am the world's biggest hopeful romantic.

You said he couldn't recall anything ~ you know, guys are just "wired" differently. Their mind isn't as observant as ours is. We remember every little detail imagineable. He's very sweet to reckognize & apologize for his grumpiness.

We'll dance at your wedding!

:)
M~

December 04, 2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

hey you should read the book on the love languages it is one of the most fasinating things and it really can help in a relationship. my pastor did a whole sermon on it. and I loved it.

oh and you truely have an amazing man on your hands.it is awsosome to watch you guys grow together

December 04, 2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Does your pastor know anything about batman's temper? I'd be sure everything is out in the open

December 04, 2005 9:03 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

princes~ oh yeah, our pastor knows EVERYTHING....we have talked about jamies temper at every visit and our pastor gives encouraging things for him to believe about controling it or at least working through it. THings are not hidden from these meetings, we go very indepth about everything

December 04, 2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

i'm rooting for all of you. i'm sure jamie's temper can make things hard, but i think as long as he realizes there is a problem he is willing to work on it, then that goes a long way to fixing the problem.
i'll be thinking about y'all. :)

December 05, 2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It's good that you are having counseling and working on your relationship. It is very tough sometimes.

December 05, 2005 9:56 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Just popping in briefly. Missing you an thrilled to hear that wedding bells will soon be ringing for you. I need shoes.
Just so you know, even in my absence, I do pray for you and Jamie and little Batgirl.

December 05, 2005 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home