Monday, November 28, 2005

drippy faucet means no sleep for mom

ever since thanksgiving my baby girl has been sleeping. not entirely through the night but she doesnt require the midnight feed, the 2 am check followed by the 4 am nursing. Both Thursday and Friday night, she slept solid untill around 530 and it was wonderful. I told my mom about it over the phone yesterday and of course that put an end to the new sleeping pattern.
Why is it when you allow things to go unmentioned they continue but as soon as one word is spoken the gloriousness of it all comes to a crashing halt?
anyway,I' m probably feeling better waking every couple of hours. those two nights of sleep just left me even sleepier during the day. it was probably all the activitey of thanksgiving with family and running around that helped her stay out for the night.
yesterday we just sat around the house and enjoyed our time with jamie being home. I had the worst dream that I dont even want to talk about here, and then when I woke from sleeping lastnight and the faucet in the kitchen is dripping.....couldnt sleep with that so I sat up and just waited on the baby to need me.
she made me wait only 15 minutes...I think the dripping bothered her too


my darling baby Avery with her most favorite person in the world (me) I love my life today

7 Comments:

Blogger keesh said...

That is so cute! I am so glad to see a Mom enjoy her baby as much as you do. Believe me, I look at my 3 year old and just can't believe the time goes so fast! Enjoy her!

November 28, 2005 10:06 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Look at the eyes on both of you!

Spectacular.

M~

November 28, 2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

that is the coolest pic i love it. she is starting to change in her looks again aren't babies weird like that you just get used to them and they change. sometime the boys will wake int he morning and it seems they are different babies.It is so amazing the things they do though.

November 28, 2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

Goddamn, that is one beautiful baby. And a beautiful Baby Mama.

November 29, 2005 6:33 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

That pic is a keeper- much prettier than that ugly dog post! LOL;)She is getting sooo big- they sure do love the massage therapy, don't they?

November 29, 2005 8:50 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

I had three nights in a row where my baby slept through the night (9pm - 6am or thereabouts). I blogged about it the next day, and she hasn't done it again since!

November 29, 2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I heard she loved Daddy best?

December 04, 2005 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home