Friday, July 22, 2005

Women, infants and children WIC


Just got home from the WIC office, It was absolutely horrible there...I was about to pass out because there was absolutely no air in the office and the more children that came in the worse it got.
I sat there after filling out the paper work for over an hour and almost fell asleep, it was too warm, and I just didn't want to put up with the kids that were running around loose in there.
I hope I'm able to discipline my girl a bit better then these children where acting, all of them wanted to get out just as bad as any of the mothers....I'm only having one I've decided. There is absolutely no need to have more.
There were two Obeese women that brought in 6 little boys...Can you say that's way to many and they ought to get their tubes tied. Any way, after getting kicked in the shins by these ruggrats, I finally got called to be checked out.

WIC takes a stance in Nutrition and I had to get my blood checked by them to see if I was anemic. I was borderline anemic about a month ago but the WIC office wants to have their own test I guess. Thankfully it was simply a finger prick and I didn't freak out. The healthcare provider taking the sample started laughing and thought I was the funniest thing because in my nervousness, I started whistling. Guess she really would have cracked up if I had pulled my harmonica out of my purse and distracted myself with that.
I didn't even know I was doing it...Just nervous energy
but the good news is that I got assistance and now I am entitled to 5 1/2 gallons of milk for the month!!! yippeee!! I love Milk. Now I don't have to allow the last cup to sit in the bottom of the milk jug, thinking that I need to drink it but don't want my fridge to be out of milk so it ends up going bad in the end...Sorry, I know, it sucks when you're a "horder" Idont ever want to use the last of anything. I just don't want to run out, but instead it just goes bad in the end...Isn't that stupid?
My new years resolution was to be better about using things instead of being wasteful. It's going to be a slow process but I believe I'm making progress. All the pretty candles and soaps I receive as gifts from people I've been utilizing instead of allowing them to collect dust. I just hated using them because they were so decorative but what joy do their scents bring me if they just sit there and grey.? So I began using them.
alright, you now know my worst disorder but at least I'm fighting it....What's your disorder?

6 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

i'm glad you went .. now you need to check out the other programs and things available.

and my worst disorder is eating ... i'm an over eater .... and i'm one of those obese women ... i have an issue with food ... it's like being a drug addict.

July 22, 2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am an embarrassingly picky eater. If my best friend in the whole world were to make me a sandwich with stuff on it that I didn't like, I would not even be able to eat it to avoid hurting her feelings.

July 22, 2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

I'm a worrier. I also have a bit of a problem with letting go and hoarding. I am a plethora of disorders I guess. Congratulations for dealing with your fear :-) It is always the hardest thing to do. In regards to the person with 6 children, if you are going to be able to take care of your kids there is nothing wrong with having a big family. I myself want 6 children but you better be damn sure I would not be in the WIC office with all 6 of them. "If you can't afford to feed them don't breed them!"

July 22, 2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just stopping by. i read some of what you wrote... it looked interesting... well stop by my page if u can = )

July 22, 2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I tend to be a perfectionist at times. Not as much so now as I used to be.

July 23, 2005 5:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I eat any food that is not green.

July 24, 2005 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home