Monday, July 18, 2005

Things I want to get before Avery gets here

1. a new memory card for the camera
That way I am able to upload pictures to the computer so you all can see and so I have them saved to enjoy for years to come....Batman said he wanted a camcorder and all so he could video the birth, I dont think he has his head on straight.

2. a working vaccum cleaner
I think that is half of my frustration, I'm wanting to get the house spik-n-span before the birth but my old vaccum is a joke and my carpets need a major overhaul due to having three cats in the apartment. I'm tired of wiping fur off of the bottom of my feet, and I dont want that around my baby.

3. my car oil changed and detailed
I just passed 21,000 miles and Batman replaced a tire that kept going flat because the tread had worn thin but now I really need to get that 20,000 mi. oil change and tune up. pluss I really would like to have his tool belt and junk removed from the back end incase we actually recieve a car seat for Avery at the baby shower. we dont get to take her home from the hospital unless we have a carseat, so I'm wondering what will happen when we give birth and still dont have one. +++ My car's interior still has not been cleaned since back in December when I was attacked, I think I'm still thinking maybe there is fingerprints or DNA that could be found in there but the police just didnt even treat it like a crime scene, so I'm a little slow to disrupt the dirt even though I know I really should move past it.

4. Hair color
jamie was pointing out my gray hair and actually noticed that I had quite alot of it. betcha it's the stress getting to me. But I've already figured that coloring my hair would be one more thing to do before running to the Hospital. Too many woman go early just to get sent back home and I thought If I'm about to have a baby and dont want to go to the hospital too early, then coloring my hair at the house could distract me maybe for an hour, plus my mom agrees that I probably wont have that much time to do it after Avery is here. Just hope early labor last long enough for me to wash out all the dye. It would really suck to be in the middle of the dye job and have to get to the hospital and have them tell me to push while hair color trickles down my temples.

14 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Well, I know where you can get a vacume cleaner.

July 18, 2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

We got a decent car seat at a second hand kid's store, or you could check out freecycle. I think Karen has a link on her page. Second hand stores cannot sell a carseat that has been recalled or in an accident. they are generally pretty new.
And I guess Chris is prepared to buy you a Kirby. I'll just have Eric get the paper work started. If he pretends like he doesn't know what I am talking about, just ignore him. You know Chris.

July 18, 2005 3:20 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

Chris and Amy~ RIGHT ON! you guys rock! I can hardly wait to see my new Kirby


Emily~ I want to have a Happy labor and Delivery. Childbirthing class has taught that a relaxed Mom gives birth quicker....but on the other hand if I need a hospital bed to stay happy, then I'll definately keep hysteria as an option. hehehe

July 18, 2005 4:40 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

i know my DIL got a very decent car seat at a child's second hand store. also, check with the hospital because sometimes hospitals give them to use until you get one of your own ... or sometimes have them donated. check with the Labor and Delivery department.

have someone else clean the car out. you do not need that stress right now.

now i thought you weren't supposed to color your hair when you were pregnant? at least the girls at the office keep telling me that .... that they can't have that done right now. i'd check that out before you do it. and don't worry about a few grey hairs ... i'm 100% grey ...

where do you get a memory card and how much do they cost?

July 18, 2005 4:42 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wanting to clean house? Sounds like nesting is settling in. At least that's what my mom says; I have not ever been pregnant myself. Ruth Ann would know; she's the expert on pregnancy.

Memory cards can be found just about anywhere - even Walmart. Though they are the one thing that costs more at Walmart than at an office supply store. Buy the Sunday paper. Usually one of the stores has them on sale every week. A rebate is usually involved, but you should be able to find a 128mb card for about $20, 256mb for $20 and 512mb for $40 (after rebate). Definitely a good thing to have if you can afford it.

My mom got me a decent vacuum cleaner at a garage sale for $10.

I hope all your wishes come true.

July 18, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

karen~ you know your stuff! thanks for the help, I will check into the paper and see what deals office supply might offer. gotta watch my budget because it's shrinking but I think memory card is probably one of the more important items seeing as how I'm about to have a new bambino

July 18, 2005 6:08 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

Raven~ I've asked Batman several times over the past couple of months to remove his Junk from my back seat....still waiting. If he doesnt get it, then i'm going to have to do it. unfortunatly its his 'work' gear for framing. He's starting a new job I believe on Wednesday so his tool belt should get utilized then, I still would like his shoes and lunch containers brought into the house. ARRRRGGHG! MEN! and you were saying it's so much easier to be a guy....

July 18, 2005 6:12 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Don't hold your breath, it's bad for the baby.

July 18, 2005 6:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I dunno, I heard through the grapevine that Ruth Ann was getting out of the pregnancy business, but I am with you Karen. I have never been prgnant either.

So how much is this Kirby going to set me back anyway?

July 18, 2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have a car seat for you!
Are you in Austin? I just moved Denali out of our infant seat. It has never been recalled or in an accident. You are welcome to it for free. It is about 3 years old, so it is not as cool as the new ones, but it is definitely functional. It has a base that you snap the car seat in and out of. Please respond at my blog http://princessbride42.blogspot.com if you want it and we can arrange things.

July 19, 2005 5:55 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My mom is coming up to visit me at the end of the month. She could bring it and we could get it to you, Robyn.

July 19, 2005 6:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh and I should say that my mom is in Austin, I'm in Irving and you can find an email me link on my page or in my profile. We could see if she could hook you up with a garage sale vac too. Just until you can afford a Kirby, of course. :-)

And I only "know my stuff" on the memory cards because I recently purchased one myself. And there was a typo - the 256 is about $30. But, looks like you may have one for free. That's the best.

July 19, 2005 6:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

all right karen. i talked to ruth ann and she said she'll call your mom...

it's on its way!

July 19, 2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

Sarah and Karen~
You ARE TOO TERRIFIC!!!
I would be so excited for this to work, you ladies have no idea. God is pulling strings that I didnt know exsited! *happy dance*
(no chris it's not the "7 veils")
just overjoyed that I have wonderful people offering to help, and that happen to be physical strangers.

July 19, 2005 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home