Friday, July 22, 2005

I'm 36 WEEks! that means 9whole months!


So I started back walking this week. I use to try to go two miles through my neighborhood everyday but since the nausea began with the pregancy It made it a little more difficult due to the bit of traffic I would pass on the road. (stinky polution) plus the Texas heat was making it too intense to be going up and down the hills. I just couldn't catch my breath. So I quit all together and grew my butt out--just put the measuring tape around my hips and I'm a whopping 46" don't know what to say but this is the first time my tummy and ass have been so close together in size. I'm going to get my body back some day and when I do I will feel so fabulous, I hate being big like this. But at least i'm finding a little bit of energy to cruise around the block a couple of times. I dont want to go to far from home just incase something happens but it does get a little boring when you see the same driveways so many times a day. Soon I'll be doing this with a stroller...

last night at childbirth class one of the other daddies was trying to ask the teacher how much weight a woman loses giving birth. I was shocked that he would ask and felt sorry for his pregnant woman. When the nurse didn't understand his question and he repeated it several times for her, I jumped in and re-explained his inquireries of how much baby, fluid retention, amniotic sac, placenta etc. Accounts for loss of weight in delivery. The teacher understood but didn't give a clear answer, so then to mock the guy for asking something that retarded, I asked how much weight the guys loose after labor and delivery...He looked at me in shock but his wife was smiling. The whole class room started laughing....jamie and I are definitely the class clowns.

last night I had a dream about being taken to the hospital and the nurses there wanted to hook me up to all the machines that monitor the contractions and the baby. I was to be in a hospital bed and I had to take a couple of shots and drink some kinda 'chicken broth' drink every hour but then when the nurses came in and wanted to stick Star Fish on my skin, I freaked out.
I refused to have starfish succtioned to my body and wouldn't allow the nurses to continue treatment. They said if I didn't get hooked up with the starfish, then I couldn't stay at the hospital.....I ended up going home. And stayed on Bed rest at the house, Jamie moved the television to the bedroom where I could rest with my feet up .....What a crazy dream about going to the hospital. I think part of it must have been that last night in class, we had to go around in a circle and describe what all the instruments used in delivery were. I had the easy ones, like the dressing gown, and absorbative pad used for the Lochia (bleeding after birth) the panties they give you in labor and delivery are pretty interesting. jamie had the IV needle and the epidural tap....my most worrisome items. I dont want to be hooked up and plugged in, just knock me out! where is the Laughing gas when a girl needs it?

5 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

hehe ... i mean back in the day when my mom had six kids ... the women were knocked out .. they woke up and had a baby!!

what happened to those days?

July 22, 2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger Angel! said...

What an asshole! I would have asked the same-same question you asked about the weight loss. Are we in 2005 or what?


When is your due date?

July 22, 2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I wore pre-pregnancy jeans home from the hospital after my second. They were snug, but dangit, I had to wear them again!
And, just so you know, I have had spinal taps and epidurals and I would take an epidural anyday over a spinal tap. The only discomfort from the epidural that I noticed was the pinch of the local going in. Otherwise, it's not that bad.

July 22, 2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

or you could go natural! it's not that bad ;)
i'm still not in my original size (6 mos later)... I can wear those jeans but they strain at the seams.

July 22, 2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

"Grew my butt out?!" I've never heard that phrase before. That's funny... Avery's arrival is going to be so great, you'll laugh next time you think about the starfish.

July 23, 2005 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home