Monday, July 25, 2005

Overwhelmed


Welcome to my blog, today is Monday and I am 28 days till Delivery! I am so excited to get to see this baby. I am overwhelmed with thoughts and I feel like I've just frozen up and really cant get a whole lot done anymore....I keep imagining bringing the baby home..... What's the first thing after walking in the door and there's a new baby in my arms...What am I to do? Do I put her somewhere?

intrduce her to the cats? Show her to her room? What does a person do?
When I come home from the grocery store, I set my bags down on the kitchen table...Where does a baby go? What am I to do with a new person,,,she's not like a pet but maybe she will be at first. I mean I'm going to have to feed her and change her, and everyone says that will take up a lot of my time.
I guess Its just because I'm not doing any of those things yet,,,,I stumble over thinking or planning out how this 'homecoming' is going to go. I'm so nervous, I just want everything to go perfect. I want to be able to feel like I did the right thing and gave my baby the best.
In my fairytale dream, I want my daughter to be picked up from the Hospital and brought home in a horse drawn carriage....And then live happily ever after,
but this is still the beginning and we have a lot of Chapters to live through. I guess I need to realize that not everything is going to go perfectly or as planned. I just want the best and maybe not everything is going to be that way. I'm already panicking about the grandparents...Do I have both sets in the room at the same time? are they going to take turns holding baby Avery? Who gets to hold her first? Who gets to come in the room first? Why am I so concerned about these tid bits of 'firsts' Maybe I also have a bit of the perfectionist in me...Boy do I hate feeling this way.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

You will be the one to hold Avery first...

:)

Everything will work itself out. Just have faith, doll. One day at a time. She's your little slice of heaven. I wish you all the best.

M~

July 25, 2005 6:48 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That's right. I'm am so happy for you, Robyn, and it is so neat to hear (read) all of the joy coming through your posts. I'm sure God has amazing plans for you and this child. He'll work out the details.

July 25, 2005 7:09 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

sweetie .. everything will just fall into place. don't fret and worry about those things .... you have enough to think about.

you will know what to do ...

if you have some kind of a little bassinet .. that you can roll from one room to the other .. you can put her in there when you come in the door ... set down your other things .. and then tend to her ..

i would let the cats come up and smell her .. but i wouldn't ever leave her alone with the cats ... i.e. leaving her in the bassinet and leaving the room with the cats having the run of the room ... not that they will hurt her .. but you dont want them jumping up on her, etc .... they need to be introduced .. but as good as they are .. you don't know how they will react to her. just a caution.

you're going to be a mom!! :)

July 25, 2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It's really crunch time now! Baby Avery will make her spectacular debut soon. You life will never be the same. Take it easy this last month.

We saw Charlie & the Chocolate Factory today. I loved it! It was funny and odd and wonderful.

July 25, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cool dog, Gestator!

July 27, 2005 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home